[Obituary] Park Seo
时间:2023-12-11 20:20:08 出处:부모와 아이阅读（143）
The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring of condolences from around the world, as people remembered Park's legacy and his contributions to the development of dansaekhwa movement.
Earlier this year, Park revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He chose not to receive treatment so that he could keep working. To continue his art, the artist said, he had decided to regard the cancer as a friend that he would live together with for the rest of his life.
Throughout his life, Park was dubbed an “untiring endeavorer,” which was borrowed as the title of his retrospective in 2019 at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea.
“He was hospitalized on Thursday as he was not feeling well. He fell unconscious Friday as his health rapidly deteriorated and he passed away Saturday morning," a person familiar with the matter told The Korea Herald on Saturday.
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- [Today’s K
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo